This documentation refers to the new version of the Gencove API and CLI. For documentation of the old version, see here
Welcome to the Gencove API docs!
The Gencove REST API makes it easy to:
- upload low-pass sequencing FASTQ files to the Gencove analysis pipeline
- download analysis results
- track sample status
- automate data delivery.
Read on to get started and try out the examples on the side along the way.
Also, additional documentation is available here:
- API reference for publicly available endpoints: API reference
- Command-line interface (CLI) tool reference: CLI reference
Genomic data is organized into "projects". Each project contains "samples". Each sample has an
id (generated by Gencove) and
client_id (provided to Gencove by clients).
In most cases, a user account and project will be created for you by our team.
In case you would like to explore the Gencove data delivery dashboard, feel free to create an account and explore as follows:
- Create a free Gencove account using the dashboard
- Create a project by going to My Projects -> Add new project